Understanding and Improving Your Google SEO Standings
Click the Link “Build a Home Based Online Business” to play my “Post” Podcasts and Knowledge Videos on Your Computer, Tablet or Smart Phone – Over 60 Available!
The formulas used by Google to rank published web pages, YouTube videos, articles, etc. has been a constantly moving target as the Google search engine itself constantly improves in sophistication and efficiency. The overriding directive for this search engine is to provide to the viewer, the best possible content for each query it processes – and it hates people who try to “Con” it by using misleading keywords, header titles, sub titles and meta tags.
In the old days, your content could be found just by putting in a good title with good supporting keywords and your upload would show up on the first page or two of a search engine user query’s results page. Not any more. Now, a number of things need to be happening in concert for your Internet rendered content in order for it to appear well as a search result. Below are just a few of the things you need to be doing to have your content by found by a user query:
· Titles, headings and meta tags all need to be more specific and geared to certain “targeted” search queries that occur. Just putting in a tag like “make money at home” won’t get the job done any more – as your content will be mixed in with tens of thousands of others all competing for the same 20-50 premium slots on the first couple of results pages. To be found now, you have to think of more “tightly” focused tags that will get you showing up in smaller query result sets against more specific end user queries that are made – don’t even try to compete with general meta tags or headings it only took you a few moments to think of and create. You have to work at this now!
· Be sure to carefully fill in the “alternate text” titles when you insert photos. Not only are these searched by the engine as well, but they are compared to the other tags in your document to ensure consistency – all search elements including photo names need to be giving the same message to the Google search engine as to what your content is about. If you just call your photo image1.jpg for example, you are failing in this regard and you will score lower in engine search results.
· Web page “keywords” need to be consistent across several categories including the Page Title, the Meta Name “Description”, and the Meta Name “Keywords” sections. Again, the same message throughout needs to be presented to the Google search engine and the more “targeted” you can get against certain expected user queries, the better for your results when the search engine processes the query.
· The better your content and the more you directly promote your content through the many social platforms available to you, the more views you will get. The more views you get through your own promotional efforts, the more the Google search engine will begin to see you and the higher you will go in their rankings which will then get you the exposure you want through their engine and these additional views will start to happen. Remember: Promotion, promotion, promotion!
· You need more than a simple 8-10 page website these days. Something put together for you via a small template of half a dozen pages or so won’t get your website found unless it is very heavily externally promoted or you are someone famous people are actually organically and specifically trying to find – like a Justin Bieber or a Bruce Willis or political leader or something. The most found websites often have over a hundred pages in them – and they are found because many different keywords and messages are found throughout each page that bring people to the root site to look around with many of the pages individually being actively or passively marketed creating more hits collectively than you can get on a small site – so keep building and over time, the Google search engine will start to find you.
The above are just some of the baseline things you need to be doing well in order to get the traffic you are hoping to see. There is much more you can be doing to organically get the level of views you want but they take time to implement. It will be well worth your while to give serious study to the subject of SEO if you are in a serious hunt for traffic to your online publications. Never lose site of SEO when building anything that will be publically consumed or searched for via the Google or any other search engine for that matter.
There are now millions upon millions of web pages, blogs, videos, images, articles, etc. now available on the Internet and you have to compete against these millions to get your content viewed. So take the subject of SEO very seriously.